During the course you'll complete five adventure dives, each giving you a taste of a new diving activity, for example:
- Deep diving
- Wreck diving
- Underwater navigation
- Night diving
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- and, more...
This isn't like the Open Water course - there's no exam, no pool. The idea is to get you diving and experiencing new things, whilst improving your skills.
Upon completion, you'll be certified to dive with a buddy to 30m, and each of the five adventure dives can be counted towards the corresponding PADI Specialty course, getting you one step closer to the coveted PADI Master Scuba Diver rating. Perhaps more importantly, you'll have experience in 5 new areas of diving, and be a better, more comfortable diver.
- PADI Open Water diver (or equivalent)
- Fit to dive
- At least 15 years of age (12 years for Junior Advanced Open Water)
We usually run our Advanced Open Water over two days:
- You complete your knowledge development, bringing your completed knowledge reviews along to the course.
- One day on the boat where we'll do the deep dive, and one other dive (appropriate to the dive site)
- A second day from the shore, where we'll do Underwater Navigation, and one other adventure dive - usually PPB
- Where possible we'll arrange an evening to do a night dive as your 5th dive. Where this doesn't work with your schedule, we'll do a third dive on either of the weekend days.
Included in the course is:
- PADI Advanced Manual
- Five Adventure Dives
- All equipment, except personal snorkelling gear
- Air fills
- Mask, fins & snorkel